Saturday, January 5, 2008

A White Christmas

Kyle and I spent Christmas 2007 with my family in Boston. It was the first time that I had spent Christmas in Boston, MA for almost 10 years, which is way too long! We hadn't event seen my Papa and Nana since our wedding. It's times like these when I'm reminded how hard it is to be so far away from family, especially now that I'm pregnant. Although having this blog helps because I can post pictures of my growing belly and the adventures Kyle and I are embarking on. I know I haven't blogged much lately, but it's mostly because I've been working hard to finish my Master's thesis. Even though I graduated, the paper wasn't due until January 10th. Talk about having to round up the motivation to finish it after you've already "graduated."

Kyle and I flew out of LAX (a terrible airport) on December 21 in the early morning and arrived in Boston at 5:00p.m. We took a shuttle to Reading and mom picked us up at the station. It was FREEZING cold!! They had just been through two snow storms which left two feet of white powdery evidence on the ground everywhere you looked. Kyle and I only hoped that it didn't snow again while we were there. We had beautiful weather and spent much of our time eating (thanks, Nana! =) ) and exploring the local shopping malls. It's never too late to pick up a few last minute items for family and friends. On Christmas Eve we went to a mall that was newly built. When mom first moved to MA she was working with a temp agency and one of the jobs she had was working at this mall site while it was under construction. Of course we had to go check it out. Kyle and I agree that it has to be the best mall we've ever been to. It was a combination of South Coast Plaza and Irvine Spectrum. It had all my favorite stores... very dangerous.

We spent five wonderful days enjoying our time with the family and I was sad to leave on the 27th. Our flight was at 6:40am so we didn't get to spend even part of the day relaxing before we left. It was a great trip and we're excited to see Mom, Nana and Papa in June for the birth of our little one.



Mom, Nana & Papa smiling for the camera
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEilTxCWSAkFXpe7vMhMQIp1tjboIyKxJpeygKgDZcPlvA8o3jaWU1EtlFD8olFK4mXiJRqQnRh4j115vnVk_yKRsy3RRmRBGdqy9YindNE4HsfwWZhFRpTFpDiRzK-86mSbvzRw0QyguWGa/s1600-h/IMG_1668.JPG">
The whole family

Christmas Morning

The Christmas Chos

0 comments: